SatHunter is a program for calculating the orientation of a satellite antenna
SatHunter contains all the necessary information for adjusting the satellite antenna to the selected satellite. The adjustment is made with the help of available tools (a compass or a protractor, a plumb, a tape measure) and requires neither expensive equipment nor deep knowledge about satellite television.
- Calculates the azimuth and elevation angle.
- Provides a list of satellite transponders for setting up the receiver.
- Calculates the solar azimuth angle.
- Calculates the time when the satellite and solar azimuth angles coincide.
- Calculates the antenna offset angle and tilt.
- Points the antenna using the azimuth with the help of the sun and a protractor.
- Points the antenna using the azimuth with the help of a compass.
- Adjusts the elevation angle with the help of a tape measure and a plumb.
- Detects coordinates by IP or by using a list of cities.
- Detects time using an exact time server.
- Scans transponders with a SkyStar DVB card.
- View signal level and quality with sound signalization.
- lyngsat.com transponders parser.
- Free to try, $29.95 to buy.
SatHunter - an easy-to-use tool that will help you to align a satellite system and easily find the signal from a satellite. Find TV satellites in the sky.